Termites are unwanted and dangerous pests that can spread in your house as quickly as you may ever know. Once they invade your home and start feeding on the furniture of your house then it will be really difficult for you to get rid of them. One thing that you can do to prevent this pest from spreading is by doing frequent inspections of your house so that everything is under control.
One problem with these termites is that they are very hard to be detected. You might find that they have already built some large colonies and must have done enough damage to be reversed. Usually, they start building up their colonies where they live together, therefore making it hard to get rid of them.
For this, you might require some professional help like the Patriot Pest Control Conroe TX. They are experts who provide complete residential pest control services that will protect your home from pests all year round.
Here are some lists of things that you can do to prevent the termites from spreading:
- Moisture is one of the main reasons for attracting all pests, especially termites. So, you need to get rid of the moisture to keep the termites at bay. For example, if there is too much humidity then you can use a dehumidifier for the same. In summer, you can make use of air conditioners to maintain a cool temperature in your house.
- Make sure that you do not have any leakages or decay of walls in the house. As these are the ones that attract a lot of pests. Fix these leakages and carry out frequent inspections as and when required, especially in the areas of the basement or dingy corners of the house.
- The most important thing that you might have to do is to declutter the house, especially the useless papers, cardboard, newspapers, old magazines, etc. as these are the ones that can attract a lot of pests like termites.
- Make sure that is at a distance of about eighteen inches between the furniture and the soil, especially in the garden area. This will discourage the attack of the termites on the foundation of the house.
- Borate is one of the most popular termite repellents. So, you can spray these borates on the wood before the priming and painting. Once it is soaked into the wood, then you can paint and prime it normally.
- If you find any furniture infested by the termite, then you can place it directly under the sun. This will kill the termites as they cannot stand the heat. This will also remove the moisture from the furniture, thus preventing any further infestation.
Once you find any of your furniture has been infested by the termite, then you should immediately call the pest control services for the inspection and get the treatment done immediately.
Termite damage can bring down your house within a few years. The noticeable damage could be seen in as little as three years. That’s why you need to take proper steps before it is too late.