If we live in tropical countries, we know the importance of air conditioners. However, by installing an aircon unit we should be prepared for soaring high electricity bills. There are many ways by which we can make the air conditioner units more energy efficient.
If you do not want to compromise the comfort that a cool room brings on a hot day during the peak of summers, you should follow certain rules during the operation of aircon units to save yourself from the pain that high energy bills bring.
You can also look for the best aircon cleaning Singapore services to ensure that the air filters are free from debris all the time. At 7 Days Aircon Servicing, you can find premium quality air conditioner maintenance services at the most affordable prices without having to deal with lower industrial standards. Their experts have a good experience at identifying problematic zones in the aircon units early on so that expensive repair costs can be saved.
Tips for saving electricity consumption by air conditioners
1. Never compromise on regular maintenance of the aircon units:
- Choosing a maintenance plan with a professional aircon servicing agency can keep your systems working efficiently.
- Regular maintenance ensures that your system is clean, the refrigerant level is optimal, the compressors are working, and the system is not overworked.
- Any minor loopholes are immediately addressed that saves a lot of future expenses.
2. Use a programmable thermostat:
- These smart thermostats program the temperature of the indoor air based on your routine and outside temperature.
- This prevents overworking of your aircon systems and hence, saves a ton of electricity bills.
3. Install good ceiling fans:
- This is a cheap investment that also utilizes negligible electricity when compared to air conditioners.
- When both are combined, your air conditioners can be operated at higher temperatures because the fan is more efficient at circulating the cool air generated by the AC.
4. Seal any air leaks in the room:
- Doors, vents, windows, and anything responsible for the leakage of cool air from the room should be sealed for best performance.
5. Insulate the windows:
- Insulation prevents direct heat from entering the rooms.
- This prevents the air conditioners from overworking to cool down any additional heat.
- Therefore, invest in good insulating window blinds to cover them during extremely hot days.
6. Use dehumidifiers:
- Dehumidifiers do not cost much and require much less energy to operate.
- By controlling the humidity, you can achieve comfortable temperatures faster.
You can also clean the air filters of your appliance at least once every month to keep them dust-free for a more efficient operation of the air conditioner. When needed, replace the filters for better delivery of cool air. The dust can also be detrimental to your health and should be removed at regular intervals.
If the energy bills have all of a sudden exploded with the same air conditioner that you were previously using, getting it evaluated by a professional can identify loopholes or damaged components of the unit, and resolving the issue can get your appliances back to optimal functionality.